Thursday, January 9, 2014

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

When it is just my husband, my son and myself, it seems as though I am the only one who will eat this. Probably because it has healthy stuff in it (hee hee).

Ingredients

  • 1 can (15 oz.) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (10 oz. each) RoTel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
  • 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, frozen or canned (I perfer frozen)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
This recipe can be eaten and served hot or cold. If serving it hot, mix all ingredients in a pan and heat until heated through. If serving cold, mix all ingredients well and refrigerate until ready to serve allowing the flavors to marry. Serve with Corn tortilla chips or crusty toasted bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment